Roof is not merely the cover on the top of the building, but it is the shield against all sorts of weather conditions and the upheavals. The roofs were traditionally made out of the wood, concrete, clay or slate, but over the last few years a number of other materials are also used in creating the different types of roofing. It is these materials used for construction of roofing Sydney that is now considered as the basis of distinguishing the different types of roofing. The popular types of roofing available in the market are as follows:
- Solar tiles are used as the energy saving devices too. It is an excellent alternative in those areas that are deficient in energy. Thus they are multipurpose option. They are very expensive as compared to the other forms due to the solar energy absorbing materials used in their construction. It is generally observed that these roofs are capable enough to generate 1 kilowatt of energy that is enough to fulfill the needs of 100 square feet area without any problem.
- Asphalt shingles are used in almost all parts of the world. Their frequent usage is due to the fact that they can be used in all kinds of weather conditions. They also suit all terrains and geographical conditions. The asphalt shingles come in a number of varieties and the most practical of these all types is impact resistant shingles.
- Metal roofing is the most reliable and long lasting of all the roof types. The average life of these types of roofing is estimated to be more than 6 decades if they are taken care of and well maintained. These roofing can withstand all kinds of worst conditions including the natural calamities and disasters. The metal roofing at times bothers especially when it is heavy raining and hailing. This happens because of the noise created.
- Stone coated steel roofing comes in the form of interlocking panels. They are weather resistant and can fight back all kinds of worst conditions. Usually these roofing are great for the areas that receive heavy rains or often get hit by the heavy winds.
- Slate roofing is very popular. The oldest homes and buildings are mostly covered with the slate roofing that is evident that they have a much longer life than the usual roofs. They can even resist the heavy winds, rains and the unnecessary growth of the fungus and molds. It is a costly option for its features.
- Green roofs are considered environment friendly options. They have become popular in the last few decades when people have started caring more about the environment and the surroundings. These green roofs are like mini gardens on the roof that uplift the air quality and also insulate the homes leading to better interior environment.
According to the roofing experts the roofs must be chosen according to where you live and what kind of surroundings make your life complete.